AmeriCamp Trip to York

Monday, January 30, 2017

Hello Guys!

Haven't updated in a while because there hasn't been any major Americampy event for a while! :( Except for the boring stuff, like the fact that I have booked my visa appointment on 7th March at 8.30am. I am setting off from Newcastle at 12.15am to get to the Embassy in London at 6.50am in time for the appointment. Please pray for me haha.

It was also my 20th Birthday last Sunday which was great, yay.


However, it also means I am TWO decades old/halfway to 40 AND not a teenager anymore. I could not think of an age more horrific. Queue the wrinkles. My parents came up to visit me in Newcastle, and we went for cocktails and a meal at Las Iguanas on the Quayside which was lovely. It shed some positive light on the "halfway to 40" situation.

This weekend I went to York with my AmeriCamp friends - Fran, Emily, Emma, Robyn, Cei and James! It is safe to say we had such a good weekend and did not stop laughing from the minute we arrived to leaving York. #Samantha


Fran and I will be at French Woods Camp in New York together which is so exciting! But the others will be at different camps :( Robyn will be based in North Carolina, Emma in Michigan and Cei hasn't been placed yet. Unfortunately, Emily and James haven't proceeded through and have cancelled their applications for various reasons! However, they were both placed at a camp in New York!

So, we booked this trip just after the Manchester Camp Fair back in November. This weekend seemed to take forever to come! Friday finally came and I finished my oh so interesting Statistics and Quantitative Research Labs sessions, and headed straight to York. Once we arrived, we ate at the Italian restaurant Zizzi's and headed back to the hotel to get ready for our night out in York! First of all we visited "All Bar One" and drank some lovely cocktails. We then moved on to Club Salvation for the student night. Safe to say we had a great night! We also blessed a few lucky souls with our drunken presence on the journey back to the hotel.





On Saturday morning, we visited York dungeons which was all fun and games until I got locked in the torture chamber! I even had to tweet and flap my arms like a bird to be let out haha! How embarrassing!

Saturday night was a really lovely chilled night, we played trivial pursuit - I am pretty sure the edition we played was made in the early 20th century. The questions were diabolical. I mean, who even knows who the Prime Minister's Mother was in 1889? Not me. I am 100% sure we created our own rules. We also played heads up which was so funny.

On Sunday we ate breakfast and visited the Shambles and went shopping before we all parted to travel home.


 All in all, it was such a great weekend! We didn't stop laughing from the minute we met, until the minute we left each other! It sounds so soppy, but I cannot thank AmeriCamp enough for bringing these beautiful human beings into my life. I can't believe that 7 people can meet on a group chat in July, then decide to stay in a hotel together for the camp fair, and can just click and get along so well.



AND FINALLY... This time in 4 months Fran, Amy, Robbie, Dan and I (all whom are going to French Woods) will have landed in New York ready for the best summer ever! I cannot wait to return to New York. I cannot describe the mixture of emotions I am feeling right now about leaving the country for 1/3rd of the year, it all seems so surreal.

Couldn't think of a better person to share this experience with! Love you Fran ♥ 




My next post will most likely be after the visa day in March!

Take care until then my lovelies!

Jade xxx

P.s Please go read Emma's amazing blog xoxo

P.P.S Any questions about anything, feel free to message me on twitter! @jadexleanne

And... remember you can still sign up now! www.americamp.co.uk








You Might Also Like

0 comments