AmeriCamp Interview!

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Hi Guys,

I haven't posted anything in a while! I moved house in June and in the end we haven't had WiFi for over a month (which has been traumatic) and I have been on holiday in Kavos!


SO, my Americamp VIP pack also came! - Quite a while ago if I'm honest, I just haven't been able to upload grr!



 I also started my AmeriCamp scrapbook! I figured, rather than losing everything in my VIP pack, I stuck them in to a scrapbook. I will add various little bits to the scrapbook as I go!

I had my interview on July 14th too! With a lovely woman called Donna. If you haven't had your interview yet, do not even stress. It is literally as informal as an interview can get. It's like having a casual chat. You just get asked to go in to more depth about your skills and get given a few scenarios - which are quite simple, especially if you've had a lot of work experience with children! 

Your interviewer will also give you advice on how to improve your application. At first on my application, my 3 top skills were, Performing Arts, Dance and Acting. However, after speaking to Donna, she advised me to put textiles as my third skill as I have had quite a lot of experience doing textiles work. This was just to give my application more variety!

I found that the interview was very similar to my last interview which was a great help as I knew kind of what to expect! Although there was a technical issue with skype so we had to facetime instead haha! I also had to go to my Aunties for WiFi. First world problems! Thanks Aunty Di ♥

The following Monday, I went to Kavos for a week with my friends. During this week I wanted to conquer my fear of beaches from the post trauma of the Tunisian beach attack in June 2015 which I was involved in.

I wanted to be able to film my AmeriCamp application video on the beach, which was a HUGE thing for me to do, baring in mind when we first had the little welcome meeting, we was sat about a metre away from the beach and I was shaking and panicking so much  about being close to the beach that I didn't even listen to the rep.

Not going to lie, I recorded this the day we were going home, I was running off of about 4 hours sleep a day for a whole week.

But by the end of the week, I DID IT! I managed to film my AmeriCamp video on the beach and also catch a picture of me with the biggest smile on the beach!  

There were a few people on the beach when I was filming myself for the video (but most people were in bed with a hangover haha - perks of an 18-30 hotel). However, I felt that a few people being around me meant that I spoke a tiny bit more natural than my old 2016 application video. It was a tiny bit awkward stood there speaking to myself - but I just got past it.

You can find my video on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9TSso9_w5o

As you can see I am an absolute amateur at video editing - and I made the mistake of filming some bits on snapchat which resulted some of the video looking like something from a World War 2 documentary! But no going back to Kavos now haha! However, I think I still got my points across and my top skill is NOT video editing haha!

I recorded the videos in tiny sections to try prevent me from stumbling over my words, I think its pretty natural to stumble over words in a video like this. I mean it is intimidating having to make a video basically selling yourself and putting it on YouTube! Nevertheless, I did it!



I ALSO MADE THE COVER PHOTO ON AMERICAMP'S FACEBOOK! WOOOOO.

Now I have paid the stage 2 fee and my application is ready to be sent to the USA and it is only the 27th July!

Let the waiting game commence...

Jade xxx



Twitter: @jadexleanne
Insta: jadeoutram_


www.americamp.co.uk






You Might Also Like

0 comments