Fourth of July (take 2)

Sunday, October 21, 2018

SO, apparently I never pressed upload on my Fourth of July post haha! So here is my Fourth of July post almost 4 months late...

It’s the Fourth of July again, my second one celebrating in the states.

We awoke at 6.30am so that the campers could throw their British counselors in the lake - a Frenchwoods tradition. 

We were thrown in the lake before the marching band woke every bunk up. 

After breakfast, it was a usual schedule until after dinner (or should I say tea for those who live up in the north). We congregated on the tennis courts for the counselor’s to represent their own countries by doing a short presentation. I was so shocked yet again by how many people from different countries work at this camp. Even the kids come from as far as Israel, Singapore and Africa. It’s incredible! England’s presentation of course revolves around the world cup, the inbetweeners, the royal wedding and harry potter. 

After the presentation, we headed to the circus pavilion to listen to everyones national anthem before watching the most incredible performances of some songs. One guy sang New York, New York by Frank Sinatra. Oh my gosh it was amazing. 

It was then time to watch fireworks at canteen which were the perfect end to a great day! 








You Might Also Like

0 comments