New York Part 2

Friday, June 02, 2017

PART 2!

1st June

We automatically woke up at 6am, we clearly haven't adjusted to the time difference yet haha! We were up and showered by 8am and went downstairs for breakfast. It was a very huge bagel, a hot drink and a very oversized apple - what more can you expect from The Big Apple? Dum dum ch. You could also get a donut or cereal.

We then headed towards Times Square, this time instead of getting a taxk, we took the scenic route. The weather was absolutely beautiful, so hot! We took a detour around central park and ended up in a little cafe near Times Square for an ice cold drink.



We eventually reached Times Square where everyone got a mcdonalds and I got an m&m mcflurry which was so big compared to the mcflurrys we get back home! I also got a very large diet coke for $1! We sat on the TKTS stairs at times square. It was soo hot! I even had chance to facetime my parents and my aunty di was there which was a bonus!


We then made our way to the beautiful Empire State building. On the way we stopped at Macy's which is HUGE! The man told us that there were NINE floors above us, we exited the building swiftly as we knew we would quickly get sucked into spending all day there.


In comparison to the Rockefeller, the Empire State was a better experience in the sense that we got up there quicker. Oh my god the views are breathtaking, and even though i've experienced the incredible sights of New York preciously, it will never get old - besides I dont remember as much as i thought. The journey up was great, before even reaching the observation section, we reached a 360 view walk through room which had stunning views.

We then made our way up another lift to the observation deck and my gosh, the photos do not do that view any justice. It is just breathtaking.






Dan and I also felt like we were filming Elf when entering the building haha.

I also had a massive fangirk moment. So anybody who has known me somce the age of 5/6 knows how much I used to worship the ground Hilary Duff walks on (and still do), we ran into her... picture on the way out of the Empire state! Robbie and I have literally been storming New York in search for her haha.


After the Empire State, it was far too late to be catching the Ferry to the statue of liberty, so we decided to just go and visit Ground Zero. We thought it would be the most fantastic idea to get the subway and ended up on the wrong number. We got back on track with the help from a fellow New Yorker.

The last time I visited the memorial, the one world trade centre was not finished. It is a really impressive building. The memorial was touching too. We all took a couple of photos at first, but then we just stopped to gather our thoughts. I also think it is a miracle how the graveyard and church is still in tact. I'm not too sure whether i feel it is disrespectful to post a pic of the memorial on here, nevertheless I feel the size of both memorials just show the sheer number of victoms within this atrocious act of terror.


Afterwards, we walked to century 21 - which is a bit like a TK Maxx. Then we ate at Bill's, I had a burger and cheesy chips (or arguably cheese fries). I couldn't tell whether it was very nice or not because my complete sense of taste and smell has gone since having a fever and getting a cold, it's horrible and i'm getting so frustrated with if.

Due to my stuffy nose, it seems like nobody can understand me. I mean there is already a few huge accent barriers between us 5, but even moreso with Americans when trying to speak in shops and restaurants, and even when asking people for directions in the street.

We then had a loooong subway back to the hostel - which I must admit I have adjusted a little more to.

The subway is great if you know how to use it. It's only $3 for a single ticket no matter how far you are going, plus you can go on as many trains as you like within 2 hours.

Once back at the hostel, we met our other room mate (the other 2 had left). Turns out our room mate Ciara (or Kiera, not sure on the spelling) is also going to French Woods. Another girl turned up later on.

In the morning we got up and went to madame tussauds and didnt get lost on the subway hahah!




SO NOW THE DAY IS HERE! Were going to camp!!!

GOODBYE NEW YORK CITY AND HELLO FRENCH WOODS

XOXOX JADE

You Might Also Like

0 comments