First stop... Boston

Friday, September 08, 2017


Monday 28th August - Day 1


I awoke at 5:30am and got ready to go to Boston!

Tommorow was supposed to be one of the best days if my life... seeing my love, live in another country, from a 2nd row view. Of course too good to be true. It always is where Justin is involved. Always breaking me heart!!

Nevertheless, I proceeded in my Uber to my megabus stop a few blocks down the road - probably wasn't necessary for an Uber, but hey!

I was meeting Robyn whom I met on twitter through AmeriCamp on the coach! Although I wasnt sure Robyn was going to make it as her Uber was running late, nevertheless, she managed to make it!

4 hours later we arrived in Boston, we dropped our bags at the hostel (hotels are mega expensive in the centre of Boston). We then proceeded to have a walk around sunny Boston and ate a subway on the way!

At 4pm we were finally able to check into the hostel, it was long list to check in but eventually we got into our room. I think we were both exhausted from the lack of sleep from camp - Robyn was at a special needs camp in Washington.

We found there wasn't much in Boston to do, well nothing we were particularly interested in anyway. So we just decided to chill and went out for dinner instead. Here i was, getting so excited for a real place and real knives and forks... I managed to get a real plate, but a plastic knife and fork still! Typical.

We then headed straight back to the hostel to sleep, ready for the day!

The hostel room is very small, with 2 bunk beds. A lot nicer than the HI in NYC that's for sure! You still had to exit the room to shower, but instead of having communal showers, these showers were individual with toilets and sink basins in them - YES!

Tuesday 29th August - Day 2

So today I have been in the states exactly 13 weeks! How strange how much your life can change in 13 weeks!

Robyn and I awoke and had breakfast around 9am, I GOT TO EAT TOAST! I never eat bread much at home, but at camp there was legit 0 toast!

We were out of the door at 10am.

First of all, we decided to do the freedom trail around Boston.

I would advise anyone visiting Boston to do the Freedom trail. There are specific walking tours you can pay to do, but personally I think they're a waste of money. We collected free booklet from the State House and proceeded to do the trail ourselves. There is a red bricked line built into the floor you follow the whole way around Boston, it was great! You get to see so many historical buildings which are so important to the American history.

This is the oldest house in Boston, it belings to Paul Revere, whom seems to be very famous here haha.

Okay... so we climbed to the top of the Bunker hill monument - 294 steps!!!! The views were however worth the climb haha.

We were then held up in the Bunker hill museum talking to the lovely ladies at the counter of the gift shop. When you're british, expect to be asked LOTS of questions when speaking to the locals haha.

We strolled back across the bridge and along the greenway until we reached Chinatown (where the hostel is). I was cold and wanted to get changed, despite it being 20 degrees. Thats what living abroad does to you, suddenly 20 degrees feels chilly haha!

We ate at a local place for dinner, and headed to the Harbor to have a lovely evening stroll. It was beautiful! We walked through Christopher Colombus Park, and back through the Greenway at night.






Boston is not the type of place you want to walk around at night, it seems like it can get very quiet, unlike New York City.


I think I fell asleep around 9.30pm! Bliss!

Wednesday 30th August - Back to the City!

Due to running out of things we were interested in doing, we decided to book an earlier coach back.

We had breakfast - and I had toast yet again! Who even knew toast coukd be such a privelidge?

Funnily enough, on the coach we met a guy whom had been at a camp in Massachusets. His camp was a YMCA camp, it's amazing how different every camp is hearing everyones stories.

5 and a half hours passed, and we eventually arrived in NYC! Luckily, near our hotel - The Hotel Pennsylvania (again).

We checked in and I headed out for dinner at TGI's with Robbie, Fran and her best friend Sian whom has travelled over to travel America with Fran! Robyn has to be up early in the morning, so she didn't want to come.

We then went for a drink in a cute outdoor beer garden next to MSG and opposite our hotel which onlooked the Empire State Building. Luckily, i'm not 21 yet as Sian was charged $20 for a double vodka and coke, ouch!!

Liv, Liv and Ciara then came to meet
us for about 20 minutes or so - that would be the last time I see Ciara until she comes to England :(

We all then headed back to the hotel to get some well needed rest!

Don't worry, plenty more blog posts coming up guys!

Jade xo

Here's a pic of Robyn and I barely breathing after climbing 294 steps...

You Might Also Like

0 comments