Los Angeles!

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Thursday 14th September

So today, we flew to LAX from San Francisco abd arrived to our gorgeous hitel around 3.30. We are at the Sheraton Park hotel in Anaheim, a mere few metres away from the original Disneyland!

When we arrived in our room I was nicely surprised to see birthday balloons, a card AND a view of Disney from my bedroom! It had all been organised by the hotel as my parents decided to pay for the whole trip for my 21st birthday!

Once settled, we headed for dinner at subway, following a nice detour to the cheesecake factory yum!!!

We then decided on a decent nights sleep before our tour of Hollywood (we would have missed this had my mum not checked the tickets! We thought it was Saturday!)

Friday 15th September

We awoke early for our tour of Hollywood, it was going to be around an 11 hour day from being picked up at 8.30 until dropped back at 7-7.30pm.

First of all, we drove around 1 hour to Rodeo drive to window shop in the expensive shops only one can dream of purchasing an item from.

We then headed over to Beverley Hills! We briefly saw a few celebs houses there! And then we moved onto lunch at Carneys which is a guy from Big Bang Theory's favourite restaurant!

Afterwards, we went to the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the "Hollywood Sign", meaning we had to squint to see it from a distance, as nothing more than a car is allowed up the road closer to it. Funny story, apparently I ran into 2 people from Love Island on the Walk of Fame.

Afterwards, we went to the Warner Brothers studios! It was amazing! We saw the set of Pretty Little Liars, Big Band Theory, the soundstage for Ellen, and lots of Harry Potter props and costumes. We held and oscar and sat on the Friends sofa too!

After Warner Brothers, we made our way back to Anaheim.

I'm not even joking, we had the most amazing Chinese i've ever had at a restaurant called PF Changs. I had crispy honey chicken mmmm!

Walking back to the hotel we saw the Disney fireworks which was cute, shane we weren't in mine and Aunty Diane's Disney View room!

Saturday 16th September

DISNEY DAY!!!!

We literally spent all day in Disney and had the best day! We were like big kids with out matching minnie mouse ears!

My favourite ride has got to be the river rapids, I got thee best GoPro footage ever. I also enjoyed the Toy Story ride, my Aunty won but don't worry... I will beat you next time!

On the night time, we watched the Wishes Fireworks - it was the same firework display from Florida! It's amazing! I wish we could have seen the castle clearer though.

All in all, an amazing day and it was just a dream to see the original park Walt Disney made. I also loved the fact he had a section in the California Adventure park which was exactly like Fishermans Wharf in San Fran, it even had a Boudin bakery. This is because Walt originally wanted the park in San Fran! But obviously there was not enough flat land, and fog roll's in pretty much every day.

Sunday 17th September

Universal Studios, Hollywood!

When we arrived we made a dash for the Minions Ride and the Harry Potter and the Forbidden journey ride. We went as a single rider so we only waited about 2 minutes instead of 80! The universal studios in Hollywood is teeny tiny in comparison to the only in Orlando! So we finished around 6pm and decided to queue for the backlot tour. I'm so glad we did! It was worth the wait!

We saw where Psycho was filmed, Desperate Housewives and lots of western films. We also had a 4D experience of King Kong and Fast and Furious wich was insane.

It took around an hour in a taxi to get back to Anaheim, It's safe to say my Mum and I fell asleep haha! We then had a subway and sat on our balcony watching the Disneyland fireworks which was so lovely.

Monday 18th September

Today, we got up and ready to go to Disneyland. However, when we got there it was absolutely jam packed so we gave it up as a bad job! We went to iHop for breakfast and had a chilled day around the pool - only the 2nd of the holiday!

In the evening, we went back to PF Changs, and it was just as gorgeous as it was the first time!!

We decided to have an earlyish night ready for Disneyland tomorrow!

Tuesday 20th September

Our last full day in the states! I can't believe i've been here way over 100 days! How crazy. Going back to England is going to be a culture shock haha.

So our final day was spent at Disney!

It was a good day, but very half hearted as we were literally dropping on our feet. We wanted to see the World of Colour show, but we didn't get there early enough so we could not actually see a thing!

I was so so happy when I got to see Walt Disney's secret apartment!

I loved being at the original Disney that Walt himself built! It was literally a dream come true as cheesy as it sounds.

It was a fabulous end, to an incredible Summer!

We spent the next day travelling home, although we were delayed by 2 hours which was sooo annoying!

Sorry this blog post is so late, i've literally had my AmeriCamp campus manager training day, moved straight back to Newcastle and had to go straight to uni! So it has been mega crazy! Plus I have already done a freshers fair for AmeriCamp by myself, I feel like I haven't stopped haha!

So again, if you have any questions about AmeriCamp - whether it's the application process, or general questions about camp etc feel free to message me on any social media! I also have a new twitter - @jadeamericamp so feel free to follow that too!

I will eventually write a blog post overviewing my whole summer experin

You Might Also Like

0 comments