Session 2 Festival Weekend

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Friday 13th July

Today was the last day of a usual schedule until next session! I honestly cant believe how fast time has flown. 

After dinner we watched Sister Act. It was such a great show which I really need to watch on dvd! 

Saturday 14th July

The first real visiting day of the session. All I could think about was how my parents would be coming in session 4!

The circus show was after lunch which was Monsters Inc themed, and the little girl who played Boo was so adorable! The circus show is one of my favourite shows of the session. Its amazing to see how much these kids can achieve in such a short period of time.
The show we saw tonight was 42nd Street which is a heavily tap based show. All I have to say is, WOW! My dancing pals and I used to work for 2 years on 2 tap numbers to get in synchronisation, these kids (all 41 of them) managed to get the advanced tap in synchronisation within 2 and a half weeks!

After the show, we headed back over to the circus pavillion to watch the firely show. Before the show, I dropped my umbrella under the bleachers. So, super sonic Jade decided it would be a wise idea to climb under the bleachers go grab the umbrella. During the umbrella rescue, I managed to get completely stuck and could not pull myself back up onto the bleachers, so I ended up stuck. My campers were laughing at me and I recieved a few funny looks - I was so embarassed! Eventually, a kind boy came to the rescue and pulled me up by one arm, and my camper grabbed another whilst I was doing the splits mid air trying to get my legs back on to the seats. Never will I ever grab anything from under there again. It wasn’t until later in the night that one of my other campers toddled along and told me that you can in fact walk around the circus pavillion from under the bleachers, so I could have saved myself the embarassment haha. 

Firefly was phenomenal as always, but it didn’t finish until 12am meaning we didn’t get to sleep until 12.45am, agh! 

Sunday 15th July

The last day of visiting weekend, I dont want any of my babies to leave (thankfully only 4 are leaving this session out of 12).

After breakfast, we waited for some parents to arrive before heading to the dance show. 2 of my campers were in the show and I was so proud of them both the little superstars! After lunch, it was time to say farewell to a beautiful camper which was so upsetting. You get super attached to the girls, and then all of a sudden they leave. 

It was insanely hot again today, so this afternoon I just had to escape to one of the two air conditioned theatres to watch the little ones in Dr Doolittle. It was super cute!

After dinner, I helped a camper pack her things as she will be leaving on a really early bus tomorrow. I managed to go to the WiFi room for a few minutes before bed and recieved a message that my cousins wife had given birth to a beautiful baby girl which was a huge surprise! 

All in all it was a lovely and successful, yet very hot and exhausting visiting weekend. I love to meet the girls parents and watch them all in the shows.

You Might Also Like

0 comments