Year 2, Session 3, Week 1

Friday, July 27, 2018

Hey guys!


I’m only 1 week late with this post haha! Time has been flying and I keep getting behind on my blogs without really knowing. I’ve lost all concept of time and dates at the minute haha.

Monday 16th July

I cannot believe it is changeover day AGAIN! It doesn’t seem 2 minutes since session 2 started. 

Today is also Stephs Birthday, Happy Birthday Steph (and also Kelly - her twin)! The remaining campers whom were going home left, and shattered a piece of my heart on the way out.
It was so lovely as all of the campers whom arrived today are returners and were in our bunk last year! I was so excited to see them, although it was far too hot for unpacking suitcases on a day like today.

After dinner, it was that time again... Orientation. The kids learnt about the camp rules and the different activities they could pick on a daily basis. They then headed out to canteen before getting a supposedly early night. All the girls were just about in bed and ready for a little bunk bonding session when one of them began throwing up. Now those of you who know me, know that I cannot deal with sick... and apparently neither can Steph and Hannah. We were a comedy act between us. Dont worry, the camper was well looked after and is doing a lot better now haha.




Tuesday 17th July

It’s the third, and second to last 6 minor day of the summer. Today, I helped out mostly in Ceramics which was so nice for a change. I’m looking forward to being in ceramics for the rest of the session, and hopefully the rest of the summer.

Evening activity was a night with Josh again which was pirate themed. This time it was situated in circus (don’t worry I didn’t get stuck in the bleachers again this time).

After evening activity, I headed to the movies to watch The Rock in his latest film ‘Skyscraper’. It was a very unrealistic film, but it kept me on the edge of my seat that’s for sure!

Wednesday 18th July

Today was a great first day of the session. I now teach ceramics twice, mosaics, help the kids who need to study over summer in the classroom, and jewellery. 

Tonight I finally got to wear my minnie mouse ears at the tennis court dance. It had been cancelled in the previous sessions due to the heat! 

Thursday 19th July
Another fun day at French Woods, and tonight the carry over shows are starting yay! Carry over shows are shows that run into another session so that there is more time to rehearse. Tonight we saw one of our campers in a play - Government inspector. It was hilarious and it’s always great seeing your campers transform into different characters on stage.

Friday 20th July

Today was my Mum’s birthday! It’s been the 4th birthday running that i’ve missed (don’t worry Mum, next year i’m going to be here!). I managed to facetime her which was lovely! I miss my mum and dad so much. 

We watched James and the Giant Peach tonight which another one of our campers was a lead in. It was such a cute show and so east watching.

Saturday 21st July 

I cannot believe how good the weather has been all summer, it’s been so hot! This session has been so humid and a lot more rainy so far which makes me a little sad (my skin is not thankful for the humidity!). 

Tonight, it was time to watch one of our new campers whom had just moved into the bunk in her show “Little Women”. Apparently it’s a really famous play and book. The talent within that show was absolutely phenomenal! 

Sunday 22nd july 

I swear the days are just flying past! We had a usual day up in the fine art department. 

Tonight we watched the show I had been dying to see since the start of session 2: Sweeney Todd. My gosh
 was the wait worth it! It was incredible. The set, the acting, the singing and everything was just phenomenal. Broadway standard for sure! 

Afterwards, Sian, Sarah and I watched Mulan before heading to bed... thank god tomorrow is lazy day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments