Session 3, Week 2

Monday, August 13, 2018

Monday 23rd July

How have we already completed one week of session 3? It’s crazy! 

This morning I had a lovely sleep in before heading to brunch with Sian and Sarah. Today was Carnival day for the kids. Every bunk creates their own stall e.g cupcake decorating, snow cones, slip and slide, haunted house, bouncy castle. All of this is set up in the middle of camp and it is such a fun afternoon. We hung around carnival for a while before I went to facetime my parents. We wanted to try and get a ride into Hancock for dinner, but nobody could take us so we had the gourmet dining room lazy day dinner of burger and chips. 

In the evening Sian, Sarah, Beth and I chilled out in radio and watched a few films before heading to bed which was nice. It was good to just chill out.


Tuesday 24th July 

Today was one of my campers 14th Birthdays! Unfortunately we couldn’t have our s’mores party as it rained, so it should be re-scheduled. Our evening activity was the Staff Circus show which Steph did not participate in!!!! It was such a good show and it’s so lovely for the kids to see what talents and skills the counselors have. 

After the Circus show I got my bag ready for a sleepover at one of the Camp Directors house with a camper. I’m not even joking when I say that my head hit the pillow and I was out until the morning! It was the best sleep I had in MONTHS! 

Wednesday 25th July

Today was another day in the art department. I taught ceramics, mosaics and jewellery. It’s so chilled out.

After dinner, we had cooking party which consisted of decorating cupcakes and afterwards we had a movie party. The movie party was in the upper office and we had our cupcakes as well as home made cookies whilst watching Mamma Mia. I must say, I have only watched Mamma Mia once or twice and tonight confirmed why. It’s still as boring as ever! 

Thursday 26th July

A beautiful day at French Woods. This morning was my usual morning of ceramics. At lunch time we had a staff meeting and then a bunch of us headed off to collect our social security numbers. The social security place was in Binghamton, and we managed to get real iced coffee and frappe’s! What a dream. Haha.

Tonights evening activity was the 4k race for the arts, of course I participated by walking. This time it was a brisk walk because our bunk had a campers birthday S’Mores party at the pool. I literally don’t know how we survive in England without real S’mores! It would taste so good with cadbury’s or galaxy.

Friday 27th July 

It was a hot and sticky day again today at French Woods. I still cannot believe how different the weather is this year! Tonight’s evening activity was Troupe night again where we got to see Glee Troupe, junior and regular improv troupe, and cabaret troupe. It’s such a long show but the talent is incredible, and improv troupe is always a laugh.

After troupe night, I met Sian and we headed over to the country club (CC) for the open mic night. I even got to see my friend Mya from school who is working at the French Woods sister camp (Sports and Arts). It was a great night and it was just what I mentally needed - a good night, a chill out and a laugh. 

Saturday 28th July

Tonight’s evening activity was Ron’s facourite night of the summer - Concerto night.

During the day I managed to phone my Dad whilst he was at mt Grandma and Grandads. They were so shocked and seemed so pleased to speak! I hadn’t seen them since the Easter holidays so it was really good to catch up.

Concerto night was as outstanding as ever. 5 individuals either sang or played their instrument with an orchestra. I don’t think I appreciated music until I came here. 

Even though it’s my day off tomorrow, I decided to head to bed as I will have a long day tomorrow because i’m seeing Frozen on Broadway!!!

Sunday 29th July

I woke up super excited like a child on Christmas day because today’s the day I got to see Frozen on Broadway! 

We headed to breakfast at 8.30am before getting on the bus at around 9.30am. Baring in mind almost 600 people (including campers and staff) we managed to successfully get on the road by 10ish. I think there were 11 coaches! 

We got lunch on the coach too which consisted of a ham salad and mustard sandwich which was delicious, alongside a red velvet cookie, some crisps and a capri sun. I felt like I was 10 years old on a school trip haha. 

We arrived in a very hot and muggy New York City at around 1pm. I only had 4 children to look after in the city, 2 of my campers and 2 others which was a nice little group. We went to Walgreens in Times Square before grabbing a well needed iced coffee from Starbucks. 

The theatre where Frozen is isn’t far from Times Square at all, so we were able to get there within 10 or so minutes. I handed the girls their tickets and we queued up to het inside the theatre. We were sat on the first balcony which was a really good view. The show was amazing and the visual effects were outstanding, it was so worth giving up my day off for!

After the show finished, we went straight to the bus which met us at Bryant park. On the way home we stopped off at Wendys and I had my first ever Wendy’s which consisted of a kids nugget meal with a baby chocolate Frosty which was actually nice. I just want a regular home made fresh meal though, a Toby Carvery would be fab! 

All in all a fabulous lazy day! 






You Might Also Like

0 comments