Session 3 Festival Week

Monday, August 13, 2018

Monday 30th July

How is it the last week of session 3 already?! Tonight we watched the music concert in the Pavillion. I must say, i’m not a music person at all, but those kids can play!

Tuesday 31 July

Tonight we went to the Knipe which is the music building to watch Jazz improv which was a lovely short but sweet show. It consisted of various children whom had just learnt an instrument, and also showed the talents of the staff which was good to see.

Wednesday 1st August

One of our campers directed a one act play so we were able to see them this evening. The one acts consists of around 5 short 15-20 minute plays, each of which has a different director. They were great. It’s always so nice to see the kids achieve new things and push new boundaries.

Thursday 2nd August

Our last full scheduled day of session 3! This morning we had to part with one of our campers which was really sad. She’s leaving early as she is going to England and seeing her best friend before she goes. 

The rest of our bunk saw Oklahoma, but I went with a camper to see Music Man which was a nice uplifting musical.  

Friday 3rd August

Today is the first official day of visiting weekend... and of course in trhe French Woods parents weekend style it rained and rained. 

We had a shortened morning before having an early lunch. Parents started arriving after lunch and I couldn’t help but be so excited that next visiting session my parents will be here! 

I pretty much spent the rest of the afternoon chilling in the art department and setting up for the art show which was quite relaxed. 

After dinner, I tried to get a seat in Annie but it was a full house! I ended up going tk see the lower camp shows Madagascar and the show Hannah was musical directing - Junie B jones. They were both super cute!! 

After the shows were over, it was time for Firefly! Don’t worry, I didn’t get stuck in the bleachers this time hahah! One of my campers was in the show and yet again, she made me so proud. 

I crawled into bed at around 12am after a long and rainy 17 hour day. 

Saturday 4th August

Today was a total weather change to yesterday, it was beaming sunshine.

This morning I watched the dance show. I was so proud if my campers who were in it. As a matine performance I attempted to see Freaky Friday. It is the first amateur production of the show which Disney asked French Woods to do which was so cool! It was so so hot in the theatre, it smelt like a sauna the wood was that hot. I had to keep dipping out of the show to try and breathe! The bits I did see were great!

I had every good intention to see Mary Poppins tonight however, I was just so exhausted I ended up staying with a camper and cleaning the bunk. 


I can’t believe session 3 is over already. I’m so sad to see all my girls leave, but i’m excited for another session!

You Might Also Like

0 comments