Session 2, Week 2

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Thursday 5th July

Thankfully this morning we didn’t get thrown in the lake! It was a usual day again at French Woods. 

Evening activity was the Session 2 Dating game. More campers and counselors were paired together to head off for a romantic dateat canteen haha. 

Friday 6th July

Today consisted of teaching more jewellery and mosaics. Mosaics has been a big hit this session which is great. 

Evening activity was the Race for the arts. I walked the 4k with 3 of my campers which was great, it’s a nice walk.  

Saturday 7th July 

It was a nice typical and hot morning at French Woods. In the afternoon, one of my campers ended up not feeling very well, so she ended up on bed rest for the rest of the evening. 

During rest hour, one of my lovely campers asked if I wanted to play in the Camper and Counselor tennis tournament. It’s safe to say that I should probably never play tennis again. But it’s the thought that counts. It must have taken me a good 5 minutes to be able to serve the ball correctly. It was fun though, and it was lovely to spend some quality time with the camper.

Tonight was Preview night, whereby we get to see a sneaky preview of the shows for the session. Some of them this session being Sister Act, Newsies and Wheres Charley (and many more). We also got to see some of the carry over shows which will be playing in session 3 - Sweeney Todd and Government Inspector.  They already look phenomenal and they’ve only been rehearsing just over 1 week.

Tonight was the staff pool party. Not going to lie, rather than partying I think Sarah and I just spent the whole time roasting marshmallows haha. 

Sunday 8th 

Today I finally got out of the camp grounds. The first time since the first trip to Binghamton in Orientation week! 

We went to Dorney Park which is in Pennsylvania. We set off around 9.30 and arrived at 12pm which gave us plenty of time to go on the rides and chill in the water park. I think the Lazy River was my favourite thing, it was so nice to cool off! I also managed to eat the biggest soft serve ice cream - my favourite (although the americans called it frozen custard?).

At 9pm we set off home, and thats when I recieved the worst news. My friend from French Woods rang me, I thought she’d been left at the Theme Park... but it was even worse. JUSTIN HAD GOTTEN ENGAGED! My heart fell and shattered. I was so shocked... still am. 

We arrived back at camp around 12am and I headed right to bed.

Monday 9th July

The thing about French Woods is that every day is different. This afternoon my camper broke her brace so we had to go to Monticello which is a town about an hour away to get it fixed. We met some people from another camp there too (camp Lokanda), it’s so interesting seeing how different other camps are to French Woods. 

Once we got back, there was only half of the last period to go before dinner. 

Tonights evening activity was the Camper Talent Show. One of my campers sang a beautiful song from Sister Act, and another sang the American National Anthem by Fergie which was interesting haha. 

Tuesday 10th July

Tonight was Troupe Night! We watched the Glee Troupe, Junior Improv and Cabaret Troupe alongside Senior Improv Troupe. I love troupe night, it’s such a good night. 

Wednesday 11th July 

Today was the day that England lost to Croatia. It was such a tense game! Football aside, it was a lovely day and in the evening we were able to watch the One Act performances which 2 of our campers were in and they were great. I can’t believe that 2nd Session Festival Weekend has started already!

Thursday 12th July 

I can’t believe it’s the 2nd to last regular day of session 2 already. 

In the evening we watched all the bands perform at rock shop. One group sang Africa by Toto which reminded me of home and my Dad so much - I miss my parents. The bands were great and achieved so much in such a short space of time! I can’t wait until tomorrow to start watching the musicals, but I also know that it means that my 4 campers will be leaving soon which is super sad. 

So sorry all my blogs have been very late, I haven’t had chance to sit and write them!

Jade x x x


You Might Also Like

0 comments